These pictures of Selah were taken shortly after her first bath at home. Selah is doing well. If she is not sleeping then she is on the changing table, and if she is not there then she is gulping milk like there is no tomorrow.
Speaking of milk (It's late, and I can't think of another segue), I am going through 1 Peter in my Greek class. We covered 1 Peter 2:2 recently, which says in the NIV, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation." Selah, who is just two weeks old, seems to long for milk like no other. At times, I think she would accept it intraveneously if she could just say, "Intraveneous it to me, please". But getting back to Peter's point, newborn babies long for milk, and we should long for pure spiritual milk, which is the word of God. It might be helpful to point out here that Peter is not writing to only brand new believers, he is writing to mature believers as well. So, Peter's exhortation applies to all believers to long for the word of God.
How about you, do you long for God's word? Boy, in all candor, lately I have longed for things such as a Michigan Wolverine victory, Detroit Tigers/Los Angeles Angels/Chicago Cubs playoff spots, sleep, and Starbucks coffee. I read the Bible daily, but I don't meditate on it throughout the day as I should. Oh, the missed blessings and opportunities, and yes, I confess, sin. Well, if you are like me, Psalm 119:36-37 will help wake us from our slumber; the KJV renders this passage superbly. "Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity (yes, even football and baseball!); and quicken thou me in thy way." May the Lord grant us steadfastness in seeking and satisfying ourselves in the milk of His word.
3 comments:
great post! cute pics! i wanted to personally invite you to play my name game only because I know how much fun I had playing yours... see you guys on Sunday?!
Happy Birthday Keri!
selah is just beautiful! i'm glad you guys blog because it's a good way to know how you are doing. liz k.
Post a Comment