
Today it is December 1, it is snowing outside, and we have a Christmas tree in our living room. Yeah!!! Christmas is just around the corner. Decorating the tree allowed us to share some insight about Christmas to Sofia such as the meaning of the star, the meaning of giving gifts, and remembering it is truly all about Jesus.
For a little girl who loved having a birthday, it is neat to see her think only of Christmas as Jesus' birthday...we pray this thinking will continue for a lifetime.
3 comments:
It is interesting thinking about explaining Christmas to a young child. You'd have to leave out all the extra stuff that we so easily get caught up in and get directly to the point. Christmas is all about Jesus and what a blessing to know that this truth is being passed down to the next generation. :)
great tree! yeah, the other day David and I were looking at nativity sets and I asked, "where's the little drummer boy?" We shared a good laugh, but it did provoke a good conversation about how we are going to teach little Jameson about Christmas... and exactly which Christmas songs he can listen to and which ones will be off limits ;).
While I don't have kids, I can see the importance of moving beyond all this material Christmas-ness, and showing them the real reason! I hope that Sofia has a wonderful season of celebrating Jesus' birthday. :)
Post a Comment