Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This little light...

About a month ago I asked that you pray for Cyd Mizell.  Cyd was living in Afghanistan and shining the light of God while working for an NGO.  On January 26th she was kidnapped.  Today I received word that Cyd, along with her driver, were killed.  Details are currently not known.

What is known is that their families need our prayers.  Cyd's driver, Mohammed Hadi, leaves behind his wife and five children ages 6-15.   Cyd leaves behind her parents and family.

Cyd's light to the people of Afghanistan may have been snuffed out here on earth but the source of her light continues to shine bright so all peoples may know HIM!  

This little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

let me know if you hear anything else. I just saw this on the ardlf website. The only comfort is knowing that Cyd is worshiping our King face to face....if you hear of any services in the Richmond area - let me know...Laura --- SFeb2000@aol.com
my blog has been down - but I'll try to post today...

Anonymous said...

Keri - So sorry to hear of this. Please send or post more info about how to help, support, etc and I'll circulate it around our church community.