Saturday, January 3, 2009

The tactics have begun.

We have a specific routine we do with Selah just before putting her in her crib each night.  We pray with her, give her a pacifier and blanket, then sing "Jesus Loves Me".  Following the song we lay her in her bed and she puts herself to sleep.

But now that she is so grown up and all of 15 months old, Selah has decided to begin the "stalling" tactics.   She started doing this about a week ago.  Is this really supposed to happen at such a young age?  Take tonight as an example.

Tactic #1:  Selah only gets her pacifier and blanket in the bed so just as I gave it to her, she threw them back into her crib.  

Tactic #2:  Selah then began to say, "Yum, yum."  This means she wants something to eat.  She had just had some toast and milk so mommy wasn't falling for this one.

Tactic #3:  Selah then began to say, "Poo-poo" and point to the changing table.  Nope.  Sorry little girl.  I just changed her poopy diaper minutes before.

Tactic #4:  Selah pulls out the "Please, please"  while pointing to her bedroom door.  

Oh, so conniving.  Oh, so sweet.  But it was night-night times.  So I simply started singing "Jesus Loves Me", laid her in her crib, said "I love you" and left the room.

Selah is sound asleep.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We sing "Jesus Loves Me" to our kids before bed too. We've done it since Bailey was probably 6 months old. She loves it!