About four weeks ago I took a pregnancy test pretty confident that it would be positive. It was. The due date was the end of October. We were pretty joyous. A third child. Wow!
We've never been ones to hold back on sharing but for some reason we thought we would wait until I was about eight weeks along. You see, we've lost a baby before. I miscarried between Sofia and Selah at 10 weeks. But I've always remembered something my dear friend Roxanna said to me. "Let people rejoice with you and if something happens, let them grieve with you."
I am very thankful that a couple of weeks ago we shared with family. Then this past Wednesday we shared with our church family via the Weekly Prayer List. This list post at the top the names of expectant mothers in our church by month. Thursday morning we were going to share with our friends and family by e-mail, facebook, and blog.
Thursday morning, however, brought a different kind of news. I woke up that morning to some spotting. I knew. You see, on Monday I hadn't been feeling well at all. I was very nauseous. I couldn't get out of bed at all. Thankfully my sister Ashley is with us and took care of the girls. I remember thinking, oh boy, I hope the rest of the pregnancy isn't like this. But come Tuesday, I was fine. Now, on Thursday, I knew my body had begun something on Monday.
So the process began. I went to the doctor's for them to draw blood. Friday morning the doc calls to say my hormone levels are very high. I went in that afternoon for an ultrasound. They couldn't find a heartbeat.
My heart stopped for a beat as well.
But my heart and Kevin's heart keeps beating. We are so thankful to be loved by God. We are so thankful for a community of family and friends that celebrated with us, prayed for us, and who now grieve with us.
His plans and His ways are so perfect. I told Kevin that the doc kept saying, "Remember, this is not your fault" and the whole time I was thinking, "I know it isn't my fault".
My dear friend, Keri W., reminded me of this beautiful song, "Glory Baby" by Watermark. Here are some of the words.
Glory Baby, you slipped away
As fast as we could say baby, baby
You were growing, what happened dear,
You disappeared on us baby, baby
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe
Until we're home with you
Sweet little baby, it's hard to understand it
Cause we are hurting, we are hurting
But there is healing, and we know we're stronger people
Through the growing, and in knowing
All things work together for our good
And God works his purposes
Just like he said he would, just like he said he would
We have two glory babies. Probably the boys of the family.:)
Love to all.
12 comments:
Your faith inspires and urges us all to press on through the valleys we face. Thank you for sharing. We continue to pray for you and Kevin.
Becky and Larry
Thanks for sharing, Keri. We are sad and will miss your glory baby, too. I'm sorry the Sheckler family is having to go through this hurt. We love you.
Roxanna had some good, wise words. I'm glad you shared, and I'm glad that we can join you in being thankful for your glory baby. I will be praying for you and Kevin.
Much love,
Melissa and Scott
I grieve with you and completely understand your pain. We lost a little one at 6 weeks before Andrew. What a precious reminder that our little ones are with their Father. :)
I'll be praying for you and Kevin.
This makes heaven that much sweeter! How glorious your reunion will be someday!
I'm so sorry to hear about the baby. Your family is in my prayers. I have some friends down here that just lost their first baby only weeks into the pregnancy and they also mentioned the Watermark song as some comfort. Take care.
just wanted you to know that you're loved!
Tears come again as I read your post and dear friends' comments. It makes me imagine what that reunion might be like...all of us with our glory babies...I'll bet your two know they're siblings!
I echo Becky that your faith and trust in our Heavenly Father inspire me. Thank you for sharing so much of your heart with the people who love you. I'll continue to pray for comfort, peace, strength, and healing.
Keri and Kevin, I am so sorry for this loss and I'm sorry I'm just now finding out. My prayers have begun.
We love you so, and look forward to meeting Glory Sheckler in heaven...thank you for your courage to share as it gives us all a bit more courage in our days as well.
I too have a glory baby. I know the hurt and pain. Mine was 8 years ago and I still carry that little one with me. (It was most likely the girl of the family) I will pray that God will comfort your heart and your fears as you continue to process through this.
Keri: I'm a bad blog reader. I'm just now catching up with your family. Just wanted to say my heart is with you. Losing those glory babies is hard, but it is such an odd joy at the same time when you know God's peace! So, I'm right there with you. We've got two glory babies too! Sure hope we get to see one another one of these days here in the midwest . . .
Post a Comment