Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mary Poppins!

It is March 18.  Sofia and I had been awaiting this day for almost three months.  You see for Christmas, daddy gave us tickets to the Broadway in Chicago production of "Mary Poppins!".  And yes, I have to say, it was SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!

As any musical, the stage show varies from the movie.  The story line along with song order was changed up a bit but it didn't matter.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it.  Sofia and I agreed that the "Step in Time" number was our favourite.  This song was sung by tap-dancing chimney sweeps.  The show ended with a awe-inspiring flyover of Mary Poppins.  

Here we are just before we left for the matinee show.

The theatre was in downtown Chicago.
Memories!
Sofia kept saying, "This place is so beautiful, mommy."
After an hour drive to the theatre and a three hour show, this was how Sofia spent the drive home.

Oh!  I almost forgot.  As we were standing in line to pay for our parking ticket, "Mr. Banks" came walking by.  He stopped, asked Sofia her name, and thanked her for coming to the show.  He also told her he would say hello to Mary Poppins for her.  Pretty cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very brave! Sounds so fun, though...what precious memories!

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT! What a fun and special day for you two. Great memories. I can only imagine how excited Sofia was and how much she enjoyed it. We need to do a playdate soon!!