
Today was a day that I (Kevin) would have liked to have picked up the phone to call my mom. I would have liked to have told her about the happenings in my daughters' lives, how cute Selah is getting and how talkative she is, and how Sofia is practicing piano and doing really well. I would have told her how pleased I am that Keri and I are in sync with so many things and doing really well, and what a great mommy she is. I would also have liked to have been able to share with my mom some of the burdens that I am carrying, and receive from her the sweet attentiveness and caring words that she would so often offer. Of course, today I would have liked to have called my mom and told her "Happy Birthday!" My mom would have been 77 today. As some of you know, my mom went to be with the Lord in May 2003. I didn't get the opportunity to call my mom today, but I'm thankful for the many years the Lord gave her to my family, her friends, her church, and to me.
Thanks so much, Lord, for my mom. She was so loving and caring. She modeled you in many ways because she belonged to you. May I give up my life for my friends, like she did for hers, and the way you, Lord, did for yours.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story, Kevin! God bless you!
Kevin,
I spent a lot of time talking with mom. There was no place I would have rather been than with her. She gave me my first NIV Bible. (I had a small New Testament when I was a teenager but don't remember ever reading it.) She is very special to me and I miss her very much. I look forward to seeing her again!
Post a Comment