Saturday, November 21, 2009

The day she turned 5!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
We are so grateful for the many knees that bent and prayed for our five year old on November 6th.
Sofia enjoyed her birthday very much. If you were to ask her what she did for her birthday she would tell you she had a Hello Kitty party. Reality is that she didn't have a party but we had a fun day of celebrating.
Sofia awoke to her Hello Kitty presents sitting on the breakfast table. She was so excited. After breakfast mommy took her to the doctor for her 5 year old check-up. Boy did I get hasseled. First by daddy then by the nurse and doctor because at this check-up she had to get 5 shots. No fun! I do feel so bad. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, Sofia grew 2 1/2 inches this past year but only gained one pound. She is now 43 inches tall and weighs 35 pounds.
Following the drs. visit Sofia had a special lunch at Noodles & Co. then to the bakery to pick up her Tinker Bell cake.
Friday night is our normal small group night so it worked out very nicely for us to have sweet family friends celebrate Sofia turning five.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: