32 weeks!!!!
This past week I went in for my regular check-up as well as an ultrasound. We are thankful that our son continues to grow and seems to be healthy. Actually, very healthy.
Here's the conversation my doc had with me following the ultrasound.
Doc: "How big were your first two babies?"
Me: "Sofia was 5lbs 3 oz. but born at 35 weeks. Selah was 7 lbs 2oz born at 38 weeks."
Doc: "Well, your son's weight today we are estimating to be 5lbs 2 oz and with 8 more weeks to go could be born between 9 and 10lbs. He is in the 76% but the good news is his head is only in the 53%."
Me: "Wow!"
Yes, the size of the baby makes me a little anxious about the birthing process but honestly, you should see how cute his cheeks already are....very chunky. I love chunky cheeks. Unfortunately he continues to be a shy guy and just as the technician was about to take his pic he would put both hands in front of his face.
Thankfully my weight gain has been normal and my blood pressure has been WONDERFUL (I'm always aware of this because of having HELPP syndrome with Sofia). I am going to have another ultrasound at 36 weeks to check on size and then begin my weekly non-stress tests. If all is good they might consider inducing me early. I'm not opposed to this at all.
Now, if only my son would stop kicking me with both his knees and his feet into the right side of my ribs!:)
1 comment:
You look great! Bailey was 9lb 11oz so I can understand your concern of a big baby! Praying all goes well.
Post a Comment