Thursday, September 23, 2010

Teaching eyes.


Due to our car being nice and compact, the two car seats and the one booster seat do not fit in the back seat.  Therefore, according to our local police, it is better for Sofia to sit in the front seat with her booster seat than to sit in between the car seats sans a booster.  Go figure but that is what they told me and Sofia doesn't mind one bit.

Sofia loves being able to see the world in a new way.  And she LOVES reading the signs to me.  She reads EVERY sign...even asks me if I'm going Xmph because that is what the sign said...and will many times ask me why a certain sign said what it did.

The other evening while in the car, I was struck by how much I was learning because she was reading the world.  I found myself thinking, "I didn't know that sign was there.  I don't know why that sign is there.  Hmmmm...I 'm not sure what that sign means.  Ooohhhh, why did that sign catch her attention?"

That's how my marriage works as well.  I am so grateful for my husband.  His eyes have helped me to see the world in ways I hadn't before.  His eyes have helped me to read people aka understand people better.  His eyes have helped me to understand God in a deeper way.

When you saw the above picture you might have thought how it isn't a very good picture because it is dark and fuzzy.  And you are right.  But what you don't see that I saw, was a little girl posing for the 3 year old photographer who desperately wanted to take a picture of her big sister.

How do you see things, people or God?  What are you teaching those around you because of how you see the world?

No comments: