Tuesday, December 21, 2010

This man.

This man has survived cancer and a liver transplant.  This man has suffered many a personal heartache. This man has helped to plant over 300 churches and still counting.  This man has a passion that all people living in the LA Basin will know Christ.  This man is my dad.

It was my planning for a Jesus Birthday Party that got me thinking about this man.  You see, every year at Christmas, my dad made sure we had a cake that us kids would decorate.  We would then sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus followed by the reading of the Christmas story from Scripture. 

I am so grateful that this is more than a memory.  What a gift this man gave to me. My earthly father taught me about the Heavenly Father in big ways and in little ways. 

Dad, I love you and MISS YOU!  It's been a few years since I've been able to help decorate the Jesus birthday cake with you and again won't be with you this year.  But know that my kids will be doing so in my home.

No comments: