Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jesus' Birthday Cake

This year our birthday cake for Jesus was not only a display of celebration but a teaching tool as well.   Our family loved it and I am quite impressed that a week later the girls still remember what they learned.

My friend Sheryl shared this wonderful idea.  The idea was what I call making the cake a "gospel cake".  

The bottom layer brown --- 
represents the darkness of our lives due to sin.

The middle layer red ----     
represents the blood that Jesus shed on the cross for our sin.

The top layer green ---        
represents the newness of life that we have when we believe and accept Jesus as our Saviour.

The white frosting ---         
represents the purity of Christ.  Only he could take our place on the cross because of his sinlessness.

AND THAT IS WHY WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!!!  Because God sent His son to earth to die on the cross for our sins.   WHAT A GIFT!!!!

Here is Sofia enjoying the cake.  She and Selah were the cake decorators.

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.

The inside of the cake.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great idea!!!

Marcella said...

This is great! I may just have to use this as a model next year! ;)

Randy / Hayley said...

I love this idea, and plan to use this next year! Thanks for sharing it. Love you all.