| Isaiah enjoying his first plane ride. He was a great traveler. |
And no doubt I was LOVING the weather that Tuesday and Wednesday when the temps were 72 and 79 respectively. Isaiah enjoyed not wearing socks and booties, and especially seemed to enjoy roaming around the guest apt. in just his diaper whenever possible. Isaiah was also introduced to grass. He loved the feeling of his bare feet being tickled by the blades.
![]() |
| Ahhhh...grass! |
| Isaiah hanging with Uncle Kirk on his Harley |
Lastly, I was encouraged spiritually through CBU. I was blessed to have been invited by the Office of Mobilization (thanks Tiffany, Kristen and Jared) to take part in the Nations Chapel on that Wednesday. the Nations Chapel focuses on the commissioning of the Service Project teams going to share Jesus with the nations here in the US and internationally.
They flew me out on Monday which provided me opportunity to meet with the team coming to Chicago in June, attend a couple of training events, interact with current students and catch up with staff, faculty, and some former students.
CBU will always hold a special place in my heart. Mostly because when I was a student back in the early 90s, this is when I realized that my relationship with Jesus Christ was more than having fire insurance from hell. My relationship with Jesus became one of acknowledging Him as my Lord!
Over the years my role at CBU has gone from being a student to an entry level staff worker to being in a role of management and now an alumna who lives a good distance away. I've been blessed to have received recognitions through the years (most talented senior, employee of the year, and alumni service award of the year) but speaking at chapel last week meant the world to me. Why? Because it provided me opportunity to share what God has done in me and through me. I was offered opportunity to share Scripture to 2400 students who are at a time in their lives when they too are needing to make that crucial decision in how they are going to live their life. And I was encouraged by hearing from the students and how God is at work in them.
![]() |
| CBU chapel. |
![]() |
| PopO. taking care of Isaiah during chapel. |
ENCOURAGEMENT is a need of the soul. Thank you, Lord for the encouragement I received last week! And thank you to my sweet husband for taking care of the girls and home on top of his work and school load while I was away.



1 comment:
This is lovely. I especially appreciate your description of sharing God's Word and your life with the students in chapel.
Post a Comment