Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring is HERE!!!!!

Okay, Spring has finally sprung in our neck of the woods.  And today you might have thought Spring was skipped and went straight to Summer.  You see, April was for the most part a very cold month with more than 20 days of rain.  As recently as this past Sunday (May 8) , it was in the 30s in the morning.  Thankfully it turned into a nice sunny 60 degree day.

Then yesterday it rained in the early morning but turned into another nice day.  And today.  Well, today was just GORGEOUS!!!  Again, it was gray early on but around 8:30 when the temp was already at 60 degrees, no wind, and the clouds were breaking up, I knew this was going to be an outside day.  Downtown Chicago broke a record by getting into the low 90s but up here in the suburbs we topped out at around 80 degrees. 

And being that Sofia doesn't need to be at school until the afternoon, I packed up the kids and this morning we headed to the Chicago Botanic Gardens for a couple of hours.  If you live anywhere near there, go! 

Here are a couple of pics.  I will share more later.







 

3 comments:

Pierce said...

I miss CBG! Thanks for the pictures! I look forward to more.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous. I love your comment on God's marvelous creation in the Aquarium entry, and doesn't this just display it even more?

Randy / Hayley said...

Hey, that camera of yours takes pretty darn good photos!