Monday, June 27, 2011

Hand stand class

When Sofia was 3 1/2 years old I enrolled her in a 10 week gymnastics course through Parks and Rec.  It was a great opportunity for her to gain skills of balance and body control.  The best thing that came out of that class was our friendship with the Dancas.  While Brooke and Sofia were in class together, Amy and I were in the parents room with our 6 month old baby girls.

This past April, being that Selah was now 3 1/2 years old, I enrolled her in a 10 week gymnastics class that just ended last week.  It was at the same place, on the same day of the week, at the same time of day.  And she took the class with Aubry, Brooke's little sister.

Selah loved it!!!!  She called it her "handstand class".

Getting ready to jump in the pit.  Aubrey is already in.







Can you see her?  She is hanging on the bar.:)


I'm listening to Coach Rick, mommy!

Swing time!

Now that both girls have taken a gymnastics class you can only imagine all of the "tumbling" that takes place in our home.   I must admit their handstands are looking pretty good.

No comments: