The other night I was washing dishes. Selah comes running down the stairs with a HUGE smile on her face and very proudly says to me:
"Mommy, Sofia cut my hair!"
This mommy had a million and one thoughts running through her head but I actually managed to be calm and say,
"I see. But Selah, this really isn't a good thing."
Selah looks at me with disbelief then you could see reality cross her face.
"Oh."
Sofia then comes running down the stairs,
"She made me do it. She made me do it."
For the next few minutes I had some great dialogue with my girls about knowing and understanding right from wrong, owning up to doing wrong, accepting responsibility, seeking forgiveness and accepting forgiveness.
As for Selah's haircut? It isn't very noticeable. The right side is about two inches shorter when you pull both side hairs straight but you can't tell so much because of her curls.
2 comments:
This gave me a good laugh! I hadn't thought of it yet, but I suppose I should be waiting for the day as well. I'll let you know when it happens in our home.
Hmm . . . interesting. I guess I figured it would have happened spitefully or when they are younger and one is being mischievous. It sounds like they discussed it before it happened. You are right, from the picture you can't even tell!
Post a Comment