Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Vacation to CA--- our gift from God!

February:  It was time for us to start thinking of how I could get to California in May for my step-brother, Matt's wedding.  Thankfully my neighbour needed me to watch her daughter every so often after school and insisted upon paying me.  I began looking at flights and figured I needed to save about $200 for a ticket to LAX.  Yes, just one ticket.  Flying our family of five just wasn't feasible at this season in life.

March:  Just as I was saving, the cost of flights increased.  Kevin was thankful for my desire to have the money before purchasing a ticket but knew if I didn't buy soon the price might get out of reach.  Before I did, however, my dad called.  He was conscience of the fact that we as a family hadn't all been together since mine and Kevin's wedding which was 8 1/2 years earlier.  It's hard to get together when one sibling is in Michigan, one in Alaska, one in Arizona, two in California and myself in Illinois.  He and Leesa (my stepmom) decided that no matter what, they wanted everyone there and were committed to helping each family get to Matt's wedding on May 5.  They didn't know where the money was going to come from but they knew they wanted to help and needed to help.

The next day I began looking up flights for my family and my sister's family (that meant a total of 7 tickets plus an infant).  I couldn't believe it.  I found tickets for $180 round-trip.  Really?  The prices went down.  Well, not really.  The lowest price was for the day we could fly out and the day we would return.  Any other day and the price was higher. I called my dad, told him the total price and he said book them.  Then none other than God, finances were provided.  Two days later my dad received a very unexpected check in the mail.  Just enough to cover the cost.

So on April 30, Kevin, I and the kids, along with my sister and her two kids flew from Chicago-Midway to LAX for a week of family time.  It was such a blessing!  (more to come in another post)


No comments: