Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Provision = Work

For the few who follow our blog, may this post be a testimony to you in how God provides.  He meets our needs.  And there are times when our needs are wants.

I've shared with you how our girls are spending quite a bit of time training in gymnastics.  Sofia trains 2 1/2 hours, Monday through Thursday.  Selah trains two days a week for two hours each time.  This means a total of 14 hours a week, 56 hours a month, of gymnastics for our family.

After the girls tried out for the appropriate training teams, the front desk manager told me how many days and hours it would be as well as the cost.  Wow!  I knew it would be expensive but it did take me back.  I knew right away that there was no way possible for us to afford the cost.  I thanked her and left.

That was a Monday afternoon.  In the evening we shared with the girls that we knew how much they loved gymnastics but it just wasn't possible.  I was so thankful for their attitude.  You knew they were disappointed but trusted that mommy and daddy were doing what was best.

Wednesday morning the phone rang.  It was the owner of the Gymnastics Factory.  She said that she overheard the conversation I had with the coaches and manager.  God had laid it on her heart to call me and see if we could help each other.  She continued to share with me that her main office worker recently fell very ill and at this time she needed someone to help with the cleaning.  If I was willing and able, it would pay for the girls' gym fees.  She ended her phone call with, "Be still....take time to talk with your husband and the Lord.  Don't tell me your answer for 24 hours."

Friday morning I found myself in the owner's office going over details of my new job.  Ha!

I hadn't worked outside of the home in over five years.  I never thought my return to the workplace would be  to get up before the sun five days a week to clean toilets and scrub floors.  But that is the provision we have been given.  I am so thankful.  After a month Kevin asked me if it is worth it.  Well, when your daughters ask to go to open gym on Saturdays even after being their four days already, you know they love it.  It is worth it.

1 comment:

Mrank said...

That is a great testimony, Keri! Scott and I often pray that the Lord would give us the strength to do the work He will provide for the money we need. Of course it's tempting to pray that the money will fall on our doorstep (and it has at times!), but sometimes it looks a little differently.

Thank you for sharing. I'm encouraged and challenged.