Tuesday, May 21, 2013

10 years in the making. Part 3.

Are we going?

The plan upon arrival in Illinois was for Kevin to get his MDiv in three years and then we would go.

Well, once Kevin went on church staff, schooling became part-time therefore delaying the original three years. Some other factors came into play as well.

Was the Lord asking us to stay in the U.S.?  Too many times I would cry out to God, "Lord, why are we stuck in Lake County, IL?"

And God in his great mercy would remind me of how great he is  especially when he would prompt me to remember that we are living among the nations.  We have neighbours from Poland, Haiti, India and Venezuela.  There is no way we could live in all four of those countries at the same time, yet we could love and share with them all here including the Americans.

God also provided us opportunity to go to the nations through short-term trips.  Kevin was able to go with our church to Japan and Haiti and I was able to go with our church to Israel.

It's taken awhile but I understand more how it isn't just about going but about obeying.  Kevin and I desire to live a life of obedience to our Lord.  And that has meant in our daily living and not just the big things.

No comments: