Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fashion and friends.

You know you are pretty good friends with someone when they tell you to change your clothes because what you are wearing isn't up to par.  Now believe me, it wasn't real easy to take but  when all was done, I was thankful.  I was thankful because I was able to see the richness of the friendship that is developing.

AFTER they helped me pick out a new outfit.


Here's the story.  Beauty and Lucky arrived for the birthday get-together.  When they came through the door both Kevin and I were like wow!  They were soooooo dressed up with make-up, manicured nails, jewelry and their beautiful dresses.  And yes, I did feel a bit underdressed.  But it did take me back when Lucky said to me, "Qaali, why are you wearing that outfit?"

Hmmmm....because this is a pretty informal gathering, because it's my house therefore my culture reigns here.....not good.  What was good was seeing my friends desire to honor my son and husband in celebrating their birthdays, the learning of what is acceptable in their culture and just having fun!

Now to go on a shopping trip with them and buy some appropriate clothing.:)

No comments: