Saturday, September 1, 2007

Baby name is...

Hi everyone! We just wanted to let you know that the final results of our blog poll are in. With sixteen voters participating (fourteen more than Keri thought we would have!); 7 of you voted that our baby should be given a Hebrew name, 6 of you voted for a Native American name, 3 of you voted for a Greek name, and nobody voted for Other. Well, guess what, we intend to give our baby a Hebrew name! Just to let you know, we had already made up our minds on a Hebrew name before the blog poll began. Lord-willing, we are going to name our baby girl*....not so fast, we will give you some clues along the way. If you think you know it (family please do not disclose), please leave a comment.

Clue #1: The first name is found in the poetry section of the Old Testament.

This could be interesting!

*Just in case the baby turns out to be a boy we have to leave room for a way out!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Song of Solomon 2:1? I'm really wracking my brain for women's names in the poetry books (assuming we're not going with Solomon or Bildad the Shuhite or the unnamed and not-well-received "Wife of Job").

Anonymous said...

It is so great that you are having another child! How exciting! I voted for a Hebrew name and I am going to guess a hebrew word, that is not necessarily a name, but you may like it... how about Selah? Sophia and Selah? Can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

that was not much of a clue. I'll have to really think about this one. Now, I'm assuming that this name is in the text itself. I mean, you are not taking one from the subscriptions, right?