Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Parenting...the ugghhs!


All those cliches are true. As a single person you have great opportunity and time to serve God. As a married person you learn the intimacy of God's love. And as a parent, well, you learn about God's unconditional love and find yourself saying sorry to Him quite a bit more in regards to the way we've acted as a child of God.
I must confess that my 3 yr. old daughter, Sofia, can drive me crazy sometimes. My most frustrating moments with her are when she seems to not listen when in reality you know she did. Kevin and I don't only say, "Listen" but we say "Listen (while pointing to our ear) and obey (while pointing to our heart)".
It is very sobering to us that our teaching and training is not done so we may have a good little girl. It is so that someday our daughter will be an adult who loves the Lord HER God with all of her heart, mind and soul. So, in those moments, days, when I am frustrated I have to turn to my God and say, "I'm sorry for those times I didn't listen or heard but didn't obey, now PLEASE HELP ME!" . And of course, looking into those brown eyes helps soften those moments as well.:) Oh the ugghhs of parenting!

No comments: