Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Quite a statement.

I met Cyd Mizell during my time in Turkey. To me, she was a very wise and caring person. After I received word of her kidnapping this past weekend, I, of course, was very troubled. At the same time, however, I have been able to pray for her with a confidence in knowing that God is with her.

News reports today stated that 500 Afghan women protested on the behalf of Cyd. The women, many clad in their burqas, were pleading to officials to make every effort to find and free Cyd. One news item reported how a woman got permission from her husband so she could join the protest. Obviously, Cyd was more than a teacher to these women. She was a friend and an advocate. You don't protest for just anything and anyone. Her impact on these women and to us all is quite a statement.

Keep praying!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for telling us about Cyd, and for the reminder to keep praying.

Anonymous said...

that is amazing. the love that she had for these women is realized in their love for her. makes your heart lighter :)

Merea said...

keri, I have been spreading the word to pray. Thanks for sharing about her. and I miss you a lot!!!!

I was studying Acts yesterday and reading MacArthur's commentary on Saul's conversion. Something really hit me before and reminded me of Cyd. Jesus said, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" MacArthur comments that Jesus is eternally and supernaturally linking the church, His people, to Himself. When we are persecuted, He is persecuted. I just thought that the fellowship of that was pretty neat. and I thought about Cyd sharing in that fellowship, and I thought it was awesome to think about.