I just started the Anne of Green Gables Series over. I figure summer is the perfect time to get back to you childhood roots. :)
I'm also in the middle of 'The Heavenly Man' which follows the persecuted church in China. It's amazing to see what God does in areas where he's "forbidden". What a great God we serve!
I just finished "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. It is great stuff, I'd be curious to hear what you guys think about it, I'm only in the romantically-imagining-how-well-behaved-and-perfect-my-child-will-be stage... I just started "War of Words" by Paul David Tripp.
I am reading "The New Little Contented Baby Book" for information on beginning Lily-Kate on solids and recipes (not for a few more weeks though). Also reading "Raising Great Kids" by Henry Cloud and John Townsend, but I'm inspired to read the same book Leslie Blair just finished (Shepherding a Child's Heart)
This is Keri here. I can attest that 'The Heavenly Man' is a great read. Very inspiring. And 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' is a wonderful tool for understanding the responsibility we have as a parents to raise God-fearing adults.
Thanks for sharing your recent reads with us. Morgan, The Heavenly Man sounds really interesting. Leslie, I am finishing up Shepherding a Child's Heart, I even endorsed this book a while back, but never finished it! It has some very solid instruction that does not come naturally to me. Good parenting is challenging at best, but this book inspires me to press on and to apply the practical advice it offers. Randy & Hayley, thanks for telling us about the books that you are reading they sound like good ones, I will have to check them out.
We like "Shepherding..." here too :) I'm reading "The Reason for God" by Tim Keller and it has been excellent. Next I want to read "To Golden Shore" about Adoniram Judson.
I agree, Stephanie, the Reason for God, is very good. I am about 3/4 of the way through. We are going through it together as staff at church. I really like Keller's contemporary apologetic.
Note: "The Little Contented Baby Book" is somewhat controversial. But it is what worked for us and was an amazing tool for me especially, being a first time mum. Just thought you should know it isn't on everyone's top reading list, though it is on mine! :)
Well, I can't add anything to the parenting category per se, but I am reading Love and Economics. Jennifer Roback Morse has a PHd in Economics, and in her book she talks about how families are good for the economy. Families should be the foundation for a child's life, not the "village" as Hillary would say. On a lighter note, I just finished Arabian Nights- the classic. Interesting read. I thought it would be a fun summer book. I'm planning to start the Good of Affluence in a few weeks! (And the Count of Monte Cristo for my light read)
9 comments:
I just started the Anne of Green Gables Series over. I figure summer is the perfect time to get back to you childhood roots. :)
I'm also in the middle of 'The Heavenly Man' which follows the persecuted church in China. It's amazing to see what God does in areas where he's "forbidden". What a great God we serve!
I just finished "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. It is great stuff, I'd be curious to hear what you guys think about it, I'm only in the romantically-imagining-how-well-behaved-and-perfect-my-child-will-be stage... I just started "War of Words" by Paul David Tripp.
I am reading "The New Little Contented Baby Book" for information on beginning Lily-Kate on solids and recipes (not for a few more weeks though). Also reading "Raising Great Kids" by Henry Cloud and John Townsend, but I'm inspired to read the same book Leslie Blair just finished (Shepherding a Child's Heart)
This is Keri here. I can attest that 'The Heavenly Man' is a great read. Very inspiring. And 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' is a wonderful tool for understanding the responsibility we have as a parents to raise God-fearing adults.
Hey, Everyone!
Thanks for sharing your recent reads with us. Morgan, The Heavenly Man sounds really interesting. Leslie, I am finishing up Shepherding a Child's Heart, I even endorsed this book a while back, but never finished it! It has some very solid instruction that does not come naturally to me. Good parenting is challenging at best, but this book inspires me to press on and to apply the practical advice it offers. Randy & Hayley, thanks for telling us about the books that you are reading they sound like good ones, I will have to check them out.
Kevin
We like "Shepherding..." here too :) I'm reading "The Reason for God" by Tim Keller and it has been excellent. Next I want to read "To Golden Shore" about Adoniram Judson.
Hope to see you guys soon!
I agree, Stephanie, the Reason for God, is very good. I am about 3/4 of the way through. We are going through it together as staff at church. I really like Keller's contemporary apologetic.
Note: "The Little Contented Baby Book" is somewhat controversial. But it is what worked for us and was an amazing tool for me especially, being a first time mum. Just thought you should know it isn't on everyone's top reading list, though it is on mine! :)
Well, I can't add anything to the parenting category per se, but I am reading Love and Economics. Jennifer Roback Morse has a PHd in Economics, and in her book she talks about how families are good for the economy. Families should be the foundation for a child's life, not the "village" as Hillary would say.
On a lighter note, I just finished Arabian Nights- the classic. Interesting read. I thought it would be a fun summer book.
I'm planning to start the Good of Affluence in a few weeks! (And the Count of Monte Cristo for my light read)
Post a Comment