Friday, July 25, 2008

You call me what?

One of the most important decisions a parent makes is in naming their child.  Do you name your child after a family member?  What does the name mean?  And, of course, you go through the rhyming of the name making sure..or just getting prepared for the playground name calling. 
  
Personally, my middle name wasn't one that I embraced too fondly as a child/teenager.  I simply went by Keri L. Overstreet.   As an adult, however, I so love my name because I am named after my father and I appreciate its uniqueness.

When our eldest child was about 2 yrs. old she went through the phase of calling us by our given names (Kevin, Keri) and at times she still will call us by our nicknames given to each other (babe, sweets).   A couple of months ago, her daddy and she came up with a nickname for me which has kind of stuck.  And she calls me...Mama LaDon.  Who would've ever thought?

2 comments:

Randy / Hayley said...

I am enjoying watching your girls grow. It gets me anxious for Lily-Kate to grow and interact more. Lily = the beautiful flower, Kate = pure, because we want her to have a pure heart for Jesus, and her middle name Adele means joy - that which she has brought us so much already. Who knew there was this piece of our heart there but untouched?

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Good idea on the old fashion toys! Isaac (meaning laughter) is loving the empty Cream Soda bottle and the measuring cups! We love your blog!