After 10 months and three weeks, this has caused me to grieve. I grieve the loss of being the sole provider of nourishment, I grieve the loss of precious one on one times, and I grieve the loss of my "baby" baby. At the same time I celebrate the growth of my child, I celebrate the milestones of watching her feed herself, and I celebrate the continued different one on one times.
Mommies, soon-to-be mommies, and hope-to-be-one-day mommies, I wrote up a reflection of my experience with both girls. If you would like to read it, feel free to e-mail me and I will send it to you.
7 comments:
I would love to read it :)
me too!
Keri,
I don't remember the last time I wore a dress. It's amazing how even my clothes are all about my baby! I just got two really cute dresses the other day but it will be a bitter sweet time when I actually get to wear them!
I would love to read your reflection on motherhood. ehiggins37@hotmail.com
I'm in!
totally interested Keri... thanks for being willing to share! ahofschroer@yahoo.com
uh... yeah... duh...
I'd love to read your reflections. I often find myself wondering how I'll feel when Lily-Kate grows healthily into a little girl. I have always treasured our one-on-one times, even those that happened at 3am because I knew it would be the first to go.
Post a Comment