Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mimi's Cafe and Mi!


Just recently I discoverd that there are now two Mimi's in Illinois.  The closest one is 31.4 miles away (an hour drive on our country roads).  So last Thursday when Kevin's brother called to say he was in the area attending a conference and wanted to meet us half way somewhere, well, I figured, Mimi's was half way.  Mmmmmm...I loved it.  Mimi's is one of my favourite places for a few reasons.

1.  French Onion soup.  Need I say more.
2.  My senior year of college I worked there for 5 weeks.   This was significant because during the interview process I was assured that I would not need to work Sundays.  After four Sundays in a row of being scheduled I quit.  
3.  Apt. 101 dinner dates.  Years as roommates and for many years after, Wendy, Julie and I would meet at Mimi's Cafe.   Those were special times of sweet encouragement, sharpening, and accountability between three sisters in Christ.  

I'll be making that again....soon.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Julie said she was getting one, too. Very exciting!

Unknown said...

Yummy. I don't know if I've ever eaten at a Mimi's, but I did some investigate work per your blog. The other one is in Naperville! Guess I'll have to go there soon.

The Hofschroer's said...

I worked at Mimi's my senior year of high school. I was blessed with sundays off though! I love their muffins!!!!