Once Selah turned one year old I stopped doing the monthly updates on her. I thought, however, I would continue to do so whenever she had a doctor's appointment. And that would be today.
Next week on the 10th Selah will be 15 months old. So amazing. She is a physically active little girl. She continues to follow her big sis around and whatever Sofia is doing she wants to do. I guess this is just the beginning of how it is pretty much going to be from here on out.
Selah is a climber. If she can get her knee or foot up on something that elevates her she will take advantage of it. We have to keep a close eye on her but do allow for her to explore. Her greatest climbing achievement would have to be climbing from the step stool, to the chair, to the top of the desk. She was pretty proud of herself. She also loves to dance and tries so hard to jump but can't quite get her feet off the ground.
Verbally she continues to learn new words, is more of a parrot than anything else but with a big sis who will talk for her, she doesn't see much necessity in having to talk herself. She manages, however, to get what she wants.:)
Today Selah weighed in at 20 lbs. 7 oz. and is now standing 30 1/2 inches tall. Her sandy blonde hair is beginning to grow and her blue eyes continue to draw attention.
We are so thankful for our second baby daughter. She brings us much joy and laughter.
P.S. Don't let the pictures fool you. The pretty bow in her hair lasted all of about 5 minutes.
6 comments:
About the bow, someone blogged awhile ago about a friend's business, she makes bows for little girls that she 'promises' will stay in their hair. I can't remembe who posted it or when though. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know!
She is so little! For Jesse's one year check-up he weighed almost 24 lbs! Thank goodness he hasn't started climbing yet but then again he hasn't started walking either!
The bow coming out had nothing to do with the make of the bows. It is simply my toddler who can't stand bows, headbands, or hats on her head.
I still stand by my friend's bows. They do stay put on the tiniest piece of hair.
She looks so tall to me!
Awwww! What a sweet baby girl (because she will always be your baby girl)! She's like a feather too! You asked how I carry my 26 lbs. Isaac? Well, I have back problems and a new set of strong arms! It was so nice when he started walking!
I agree with you, I think Selah and LilyKate do look similar.
Post a Comment