Tuesday, March 9, 2010

28 Weeks



Our son is making himself quite at home in momma's belly, or in mommy's "womb" as Sofia likes to say (a word she learned during one of our daily readings of Scripture).   He continues to be the mover and shaker doing somersaults each morning and evening and kicking and boxing away every time I lay down.  

Due to all of his movement I think he has shoved all of my innards up and to the right.  To be honest, it has made me very uncomfortable the past two weeks.  Unlike my other pregnancies, I've been experiencing pain on my right side both front and back almost everyday.   Of course it could simply be that my body is just exhausted at the end of the day due to taking care of two active girls and because of my wonderful age of 40.:)

Overall I've enjoyed this pregnancy.  I love when the girls lift up my shirt to they can sing to baby brother and give him kisses.  I love Kevin talking with his boy and calling him buddy.  And  I love the beauty of seeing God's handiwork in process as my belly grows.   

"Lord, we don't take for granted this gift of a child. We pray that he will continue to develop and  grow strong and healthy.  And we pray that you are being glorified."


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nathan & Brenda Goshert said...

You are one lovely mama, Keri! Love ya bunches!

Wendy said...

I have only the two pregnancies to compare, but I was convinced Oliver was a boy because he moved around and kicked so much more than Kendra had. I'm convinced it's a boy thing.