Whenever Sofia is asked how old she is and responds with being 5 yrs old the next question is usually about school. Well, Sofia has only attended one school and that is the school of the Sheckler household. Now mind you this is not Home Schooling. Let me explain.
Sofia turned five in November. If we were living in CA (which is where she was born), this past Fall she would have begun Kindergarten. Here in IL the deadline is September 1 therefore she was not eligible to attend.
Honestly as a momma I wasn't too excited about this. Sofia LOVES learning and I pridefully knew that she could handle the academics. So I checked into Christian schools to see if they were lenient on the deadline (they're not) and even entertained the idea of home schooling so she could begin her formal education. But needless to say, God got to me last summer.
God revealed to me the beauty of Sofia and Selah's sisterhood. He allowed me to see that this year was going to be a special year for them as sisters (little did I know that I would become pregnant in the Fall with their baby brother who is soon to arrive). And I was reminded that their relationship as sisters will most likely be THE longest relationship they ever have.
This past "school" year has been one of lots of learning. Selah turned two in September which brought more meaning to the way the girls play and live life together. Here are some of the things they have/are learned/ing:
Love one another
Treat others as you would have them treat you
Share
Say you're sorry
Forgive
How to push each others buttons
How to make the other laugh
How to fight (not so sure they had to learn this)
How to compete fairly
Family matters
Christ-centered relationships matter
It's been an amazing, wonderful, exciting, precious, no-regrets year in the SCHOOL OF SISTERHOOD.
Lord, thank you for relationships. Thank you for the relationship that Sofia and Selah have. May they always treasure it.

3 comments:
Amen & amen.
Beautiful photo. Your blog entry made me tear up. It IS such a joy to watch the bonds of sisterhood develop.
How sweet. I'm so glad they have each other. Sister's are such a precious gift. :)
Post a Comment