Yesterday after school around 4 p.m. Sofia asked me if she could do a photo shoot with Isaiah. This seemed harmless to me so I gave her the green light. She was having such a good time with him. This picture of him with the baseball is one of her shots.
Kevin came home from work and we as a family went about our original plan of having a night out to eat. Isaiah was chill baby the whole time. I had fed him before leaving so he just hung out in his car seat. When we returned home around 7 p.m. I lifted him out of his car seat and he started to cry in pain again. Okay....the pain is in his arm/shoulder area.
While I held him, Kevin started touching him in certain spots. The pain was in the collarbone area. This needed some question asking of Sofia.
It turns out that she had placed him on top of the ottoman for picture taking and he actually fell from on top to the floor. Alright, then. Time to head to ER.
Isaiah and I arrived at ER around 8:00 p.m. and didn't head home until after 10:30 p.m. He was a trooper. As you can see in the below picture, he was content but his left arm was just laying by his side. This is unusual for him because as I've shared before I think he may be left-handed like his momma. He reaches for things quite a bit with that hand. Last night, nothing.
The x-rays did not show a break in the collar bone area or his arm. But needless to say he is still in a lot of pain. Last night we did not get much sleep. The hardest part is that Isaiah's normal sleep routine is sleep on his left side sucking his left thumb. He can't do this. It is too painful. Between yesterday afternoon and this morning he probable got a total of 6 hours...not much for a growing baby.
Thankfully his 9 month check-up had already been scheduled for this morning. The pediatrician thinks the collar bone might actually have a fracture that doesn't show up on x-ray at this age. If after four days he is still favouring his left arm then we will take him back for more x-rays.
Please pray for him. He is in pain. To compound things, he has four bottom teeth making their way through his gums, had a shot in his thigh, and blood drawn from his finger. He has slept a total of maybe 45 minutes today so I am allowing him to just lay on me and rest after nursing.
We realize this may be the first of many ER trips for our son but we just didn't think it would begin at 9 months old. :) And when will he crawl normal...we pray sooner than later.
4 comments:
Oh, Keri!! We'll be praying (and I hadn't heard the left-hander bit yet. Congratulations!)
We are praying, Keri and Kevin. Our hearts hurt knowing what it is like to have a little one whom you can't do anything for to take away the pain completely. We trust the Lord will heal Isaiah swiftly and meticulously. Praying for rest and endurance for all. Much love, from the Becks
p.s. I hadn't heard the left-hander bit yet, either.
LOVE YOU!!! Will be praying!!! don't forget to give him baby tylenol!!!
Love you!!!
Oh, Keri! I'm so sorry! I'll pray for your little guy.
Post a Comment