Saturday, July 23, 2011

Did I mention....

that I've been donning this accessory for almost a year now.
Last year right before my 41st birthday I began having headaches almost everyday.  After giving up on the fact that it wasn't because I had a newborn and wasn't sleeping much, I sucked it up and headed to the Walmart Eye Center.

The first thing the doc had me test was the eye chart.  I passed it with flying colours.  My distance vision was excellent.  I thought to myself, "Oh no.  These headaches aren't due to my eyesight.  There's something really wrong with me."  But then the doc had me hold a menu in front of me.  I could read it fine.  But when he placed some lenses in front of me I REALLY COULD READ THE MENU FINE!!!!!  Wow!!!!  What a difference.

The doc welcomed me into the world of reading glasses.  For now I simply need a 1.0 prescription for when I read and being that I am cheap I bought these otc $10 glasses.  They get the job done.  Here's to being in my forties!!! 

*Thanks Selah for taking this picture.  It encouraged me to share my secret.  Ha!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this one. My turn, though transition lenses for me since I have the near-sightedness, too.