This summer we are reading this book as a family each evening before bed. As the back of the book cover states, "Helen L. Taylor has simplified the vocabulary and concepts from John Bunyon's classic for younger readers, while keeping the story line intact."
Sofia has really enjoyed this book. Most nights she has asked that we read more than one of the three-page chapters. Selah listens but we're not too sure how much she is grasping. In the evenings Kevin or I do the reading. In the daytime I have Sofia read it out loud to me.
We highly recommend this for your family reading.

2 comments:
That's the version of Pilgrim's Progress I know best. I LOVED that one. It made me love the book (that and the way the girls use PP in the BOOK--but never the movies--of Little Women.)
I grew up with this book...read it about 13 times in first grade! I've read it to Sophie, and she wants to hear it again. I second your recommendation!
(This is Keri Wright, BTW)
Post a Comment