Friday, October 14, 2011
The school playground.
When I was a little girl in 1st grade I LOVED the monkey bars at school. My best friend, Kelly who lived next door to us, and I would spend every recess on the bars. We would spin, drop (remember the cherry drop?), and sometimes fall. Interestingly enough Kelly had a pretty bad fall off the bars during a.m. recess and I had a bad one during the afternoon recess. Both of us skinned our chins up real bad and had a tooth knocked out.
So when Sofia shared with me on the first day of school how much she LOVED the bars at school, I was not surprised. It has been fun sharing with her my experiences and warning her about "falling".
Last weekend we had some amazing weather. I thought a great outing would be to the school playground. Sofia loved showing us her tricks, Selah loved trying to do what her big sister does at school, and Isaiah, well, he enjoyed the last of an icee that I had bought for the kids to share.
Playgrounds are so much fun. Let's just hope I don't receive a phone call from the school nurse stating Sofia has fallen and broken a limb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment