Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our family on mission.

I believe I shared before that we decided that our family would not stop going on mission trips simply because of the ages of our children or whether or not Kevin and I could both go.  We examine each opportunity through prayer and trust that God uses us in all circumstances.

All that to say, Kevin recently returned from a six-day trip to Haiti.

 He traveled with two men from our church and then met up with my brother and 12 others from California.  






God provided opportunity for Kevin to lead a seminar on "Servant Leadership" to over 100 Haitian pastors.  The devastation of the earthquake two years ago brought many people to Haiti with hammers and tools for rebuilding structures, however, a great need for rebuilding the Church is great.  Kevin and the others were able to do this through the seminars, encouragement, and prayer.

The team also took time to minister at two orphanages.  Simple actions of playing, laughing, and hugging were opportunities to love on little ones who have a great need to be loved.  

We are so thankful as a family that Kevin was able to minister in this country that doesn't seem to have much hope.  Our prayer is that hope will take root in Jesus Christ.

And while we weren't able to travel as a family, the kids and I did minister during daddy's time in Haiti through prayer.

No comments: