Throughout my 20s I wrestled with what is my passion.
I desired to love the Lord my God with all of my heart, mind and soul.
It became evident that I was to do so by living a life that shared His love "to the ends of the earth".
My insecurities led me to believe, however, that I could only go to the nations as a married woman. But God in his goodness brought me to an understanding that my relationship with Him had nothing to do with someone else. My reliance, my support, my encouragement, my trust and my faith was rooted in Christ. At the ripe "old" age of 29 years old I finally surrendered. I would go. And go I did.
My two years in Central Asia grew my heart for the Lord. My heart also deepened in my love for people. And my heart broke for those that did not know of the Lord.
I returned to the U.S. in the Summer of 2001. Without a doubt I knew that God would allow for me to return overseas but when and how I did not know.
No comments:
Post a Comment