Monday, December 22, 2014

Sofia's writings

It is amazing what you can find in a pile of papers in your ten year old's room.  Sometimes it is trash and sometimes it is treasure.

I don't know if it is a stage of life or just who she is but we have found that we learn so much of what Sofia is feeling and thinking through her writing.  Here are a couple of her writings that I thought we could share.

"MY GRANDFATHER...SADLY"

After school I ran from the door of the gate to the door of my house.  I slipped up the stairs to the master bedroom for a family meeting.  As we sat and waited for dad, I thought "did something exciting happen?"

Finally my dad came in and sat down on the brown chair.  He started talking and then he got to the part when we all started to cry....he said that our grandfather died.  But something that I was kind of glad for was when he said we were going to America for two weeks.

So we took three aeroplanes for thirty hours to to Grand Rapids, Michigan.  We first flew from (this country) to Qatar, and then Qatar to Chicago and Chicago to Michigan.  When we got to Michigan there was turkey and Doritos, Cheetos and Lays awaiting.  Mmmmmm....it tasted so good, my mouth is watering.  I started chomping it all down like a giraffe.

The next day we woke up and we got ready to go buy some funeral clothing and shoes.  The day was the viewing and it was sad and it was very sad the next day because it was the last day to see my precious grandfather.  We were also going to see him get buried.  It was so sad when the Marines blew trumpets and saluted and put the American flag on the box.

I regret the jokes that I didn't get (that my Grandfather would say) that I was supposed to get like, "People who eat mushrooms sleep in their underwear".  Ha!  I love him and always will.

"CHRISTMAS HEART"

The Christmas Heart has always been here
We are waiting for it every year
I can't wait till Christmas heart begins
It makes me joyful to sing carols that we bring
Christmas heart or Christmas heart
Bring me some happy feelings
Setting up the Christmas tree and setting up the ornaments
and getting presents and eating all Santa's cookies and
sneaking all the presents to my self...
I need you Christmas heart
You are loving
I need you.

No comments: