Monday, October 1, 2007

Keri's Memorable Month

September 2007 was quite the month for me. Here are the highlights:

The most important date of this month was no doubt the 10th. As you know that was the date God brought Selah into the world. Being a mommy is a role, a title, and a responsibility that truly sobers me. Being a mommy can be overwhelming at times but it teaches me to be dependent upon the Lord. It also reminds me that I too am still a child…learning, growing, and desiring to be “grown up” spiritually.

On Saturday, the 15th, I received word that my college professor, advisor, mentor, friend and sister in Christ had gone to be with the Lord. I was filled with so much emotion. Melodie was a young 54 yr. old mother whose body had been ravaged with cancer. But her heart, mind and soul were ravaged with her love for God. She was a witness to His glory to the very end. Thank you Melodie.

A celebration for my twentieth high school reunion took place on the 21st in Sacramento, CA. Obviously, I wasn’t able to attend but it did not keep me from walking down memory lane. The popular band was U2; George Michael and Whitney Houston were atop the charts, and a great movie, Dirty Dancing, was one of the most popular. Twenty years ago I was a very self-centered seventeen-year-old girl who desired to be elevated to fame. Thank you Lord that you have been doing a work in me.

Then came the 28th --- my thirty-eighth birthday! This isn’t necessarily a milestone birthday like the sixteenth or fortieth but it was one in which I was able to celebrate the fact that I am learning, growing, and becoming more “grown up” spiritually.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) you look good
2) your new baby girl is beautiful and sweet
3) I am so glad that you are here on Earth. I was reading about what you said about Mrs. Yocum, and I think those things about you!
4) Let's do breakfast in a few weeks!
5) I am so glad you and Kevin are married.
6) I am so blessed that you are so near. I thought in depth for about 20 minutes this morning about what an incredible blessing you are! thank you
7) On the drive to the airport last night Les and I were talking about how great of a mom you are!
You are da bomb!

Stephanie said...

Hey Keri,

It sounds like you've had a good, reflective month. Thanks for sharing :) I too was sad to hear about Melodie... I didn't know you knew her so well. I just had one class with her but she was very kind.

It sounds like Selah is a good eater :) Take care. We will be up to visit soon. Your bows are on the way.

Stephanie

Mark said...

Sounds like a good month. You have a very beautiful baby, and a very cute toddler. God is good.

My question is this, did Kevin end up going to the DG conference?

Mark

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Hello, Mark, I didn't get a chance to go to the DG Conference. Actually, I was at a conference in the Chicago area (Straight Up Conference), and had the chance to see Dr. Mohler for the first time. He did a great job exhorting pastors to teach their congregations Biblical theology.

Thanks, Mark, great to hear from you!

Brilliant Bows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cool. I went to the DG conference 2 months after Hope was born. It was hard to be away from them for 3 days.