Wednesday, October 8, 2008

If only.

Sofia's fourth birthday is next month.  I am well aware of this not only because I am her mother but also because of the daily reminders she gives me.  Tonight she began to tell me all the different gifts she wants for her birthday.  Of course she wasn't being too selfish, she did ask me for some toys that Selah would enjoy.

Not wanting her to think or believe that all her requests would be met I let her know that certain gifts (like the ones she named) cost money.  Mommy and daddy would not be able to, nor see the need to buy her anything and everything she wanted.  My smart little girl told me it would be okay.  I could go to the bank and get money for her gifts.  "Oh?"  I said.  "But who puts the money in the bank?"

Without answering the question, Sofia ran off.  A minute later she returned.  Her answer to my question of where she went and what she did.

"I got some money out of the coin jar and put it in your purse.  You have money now, mommy."

No comments: