I personally was blessed to communicate scripture through drama. The "Woman at the Well" is a beautiful story of how when we are thirsty the only thing that can quench our deep down thirst is that of the living God.
A couple of months ago we had a speaker address the need of Living Water in our lives. Think about it. When you are thirsty does a coke really satisfy? How about the fu-fu drink from Starbucks? Both are wet and usually cold but it is water that keeps us going. It is water that is healthy for our body.
Something else to think about? What colour is your urine? That's right. What colour is your urine? We all know that our body is getting sufficient amounts of water if our urine is clear. Is the outpouring of praise and glory to our Lord in our lives clear? Pure? Most likely not if we are not daily drinking from the well of living water...study of the Word, prayer, even stillness in knowing He is Lord.
Remember, don't go for a coke...church on Sundays. Don't go for the fu-fu drink...retreats.
Go for the one thing that can quench that thirst of yours that is deep...Living Water!
1 comment:
I read this entry, and thought to myself, "Thanks Keri for the encouragement" but that was about it... Then I went to the bathroom, and you know,.. went... and checked the color... and it was light yellow. And I thought to myself, "good enough". No! not good enough! I should be striving for clear, pure, always striving for more relationship with Christ and His Living Water... All too often I say to myself "good enough" but that is not what I should be saying... so thank you for this bit of truth that helped me see a little more of myself and Christ.
Post a Comment