Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Sandwich

 
The other day Sofia asked me if she could make herself a sandwich.  This is the narrative I listened to and interacted with as she went about her business.  (Mind you she hardly ever eats pb & j sandwiches.)

S:  Okay, first I need some bread.  MOMMY, can you please open the bread bag for me.
Mommy opens the bread bag.

S:  Now, I need a knife.  Now I need some jelly.  (Opens fridge). Hmmmm....what kind of jelly should I have today?  Maybe the yellow kind.
Mommy interrupts her and ask if she really wants jelly.  Doesn't she like honey better?
S:  Oh yeah.  That sounds good.  Okay.

S:  Now, first I get the peanut butter.  MOMMY, can you please open the jar?  Never mind.  I did it.  Isn't that great, mommy?  I kept trying!  (The rule in our house is try before you cry.)

S:  This is going to be a yummy sandwich.  Now let's squeeze the honey.  Oh, that's it.  

S:  What I need is a plate.  (climbs on top of counter and gets plate)  Then a napkin (again climbs up counter)

S:  This is so pretty!  (then climbs up on counter again to get water bottle)

FINALLY AFTER 25 MINUTES, SHE BROUGHT HER PLATE AND BOTTLE TO TABLE.  SAT DOWN AND ATE A YUMMY SNACK.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nathan & Brenda Goshert said...

Good job, Sofia! And good job daddy & mommy, teaching her so well!

Rebukey said...

lol, "try before you cry" that's great!