Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to School (1st grade this year!)

Yesterday our little sweet pea began first grade.  This will be quite an adjustment for us all as she will be in school all day.


Sneak preview was held on Tuesday.  This allowed for us to go see her new classroom, meet her new teacher, and drop off the school supplies.

Sofia set up her desk and filled her caddy w/supplies.

There are 22 students in her classroom.
Mrs. Enquist and our first grader.

 The first thing Sofia says to me when I woke her Wednesday morning was, "Mommy, I said I wasn't going to miss you but I am."  Then we both began to cry.    A few minutes later, she looks at me and says, "I'm okay now.  I'm ready to go to school."  


 After a time of family prayer, we headed outside for the first day of school pics.:)
Doesn't she look all grown up?
Isaiah and Selah are really going to miss her.  Especially Selah.

Then it was time to go to the bus stop.  This year Sofia will get on the bus at 8:15 a.m. and return around 3:45 p.m.  The best part about the bus stop is hanging out with our neighbourhood friends.
Sofia (1st) Cecelia (2nd) Sai (1st) Miranda (1st) Reed (3rd)
 We as parents look forward to the growth in our daughter this year.   Here's to a great year!

No comments: