Friday, August 5, 2011

My cheesehead friend stops by.

Okay, note that I didn't write cheesy friend because Darla is anything but.:)  Darla is an amazing woman who has a huge heart for internationals due to her huge heart for the Lord.

Darla and I first met when we were both living and working in Turkey.  I believe she was one of the first people I had ever met who was from Wisconsin (thus cheesehead). I used to tease her about being from a small town in the midwest and putting up with winters. Who knew that I would one day live 15 miles from Wisconsin, in a small suburb putting up with winters?

Anyway, Darla returned to the States the same year as I in 2001.  Our friendship was able to deepen because she came to So Cal to attend Biola for her master's in TESOL (I was working at CBU).  The next summer we became roommates and the only reason why we only did so for a year was because I got married.

Thankfully my friendship with Darla has continued over the years.  Because I do live so near to Wisconsin I was able to attend her wedding a few years ago and I've been able to see her at least once a year as she passes through town on her way to her parents.

Last week was one of those such visits.  My house is a good stopover point for her sweet 2 year old son Noah.  It works out for him to play with my kids, for us all to enjoy a meal and basically just catch up.

We tried our best to get a picture of the kiddos but, well, you know how that goes.




Here is a cute picture of Darla (carrying second child due in January) and Noah.

Thanks for stopping by!  

1 comment:

Mrank said...

Darla is truly an amazing woman! Glad you got a good visit in! Only wish I were there :)