Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer's ending Part I

Tomorrow Sofia begins first grade.  Knowing this, we enjoyed a family fun Friday this past week at the Lincoln Park Zoo.  It actually was Isaiah's first time to a zoo.




 The following picture isn't a great one but believe I tried and tried to get all three looking at me at the same time.  I really wanted a pic of them near these statues because I have one of Sofia in this same place from when we first began coming to this zoo as a family when she was about 18 months old.  I also have one of Selah her first time to this zoo.:)
 The zoo isn't large or even the greatest one ever but it is free and offers us opportunity to observe God's creations.  This polar bear has always been one of our favourite animals to watch.  The way he glides through the water so effortlessly is beautiful.


 Uncle Kirk and Aunt Tamra had given Sofia a book that is specifically to fill in and answer questions when visiting a zoo.
 This girl hardly ever smiles for me but she posed a bit here.  I'll take what I can get from her.
 Sofia again filling out her book.
            
There were a couple of things that put this special day over the top.  The first thing was look at this picture below.  We are standing at the entrance/exit and our van is right there on the front row.  We couldn't believe it because this particular day it was very, very crowded due to the Chicago Air and Water Show taking place on the adjoining lake shore.  And that is what was the second greatest thing about that day.  The airshow was actually on Saturday but the planes were practicing and rehearsing on Friday.  We sat on some benches outside of the zoo for quite some time just admiring the planes and jets. (You can see six jets in formation above the trees.)


Needless to say it was a very quiet drive home after a fun-filled family Friday!!!!



No comments: