Below is an excerpt from a note my brother, Kirk, sent to us yesterday. This past Sunday, Aug. 21, two days past the due date, his son Ezekiel Zion was born by emergency c-section. Ezekiel had miconium aspiration thus causing his lungs to not be functioning at the needed level. EZ (his nickname) continues to be in critical but stable condition. Many of you have joined our family in prayer for this little one who's name means: God's Strength.
It's been over 24hrs since Ezekiel has entered our life on this side of the belly. Each minute my love grows stronger for him. I haven't been able to hold him like I want to or show him his new home and room we have prepared for him. A few friends have told me that you will better understand God once you have this baby. The Father side of God as well as the mother side.
To see my wife today standing up in pain and leaning over to sing to Ezekiel and lead him into worship made me cry. I haven't cried in front of him yet but I couldn't hold back because of the presence of God in the place as she sang. Of course that got her crying more. He is so beautiful and I enjoy just staring at him.
The doctors and nurses say that he is improving but slowly. Of course not fast enough for us. It's only been 24hrs but it seems like a week already. The day before the birth I looked at my wife and told her that I feel like we are about to go on a long vacation. Maybe that was God preparing us?
Tamra has 3 more days in the hospital to recover from the C section. She is in a lot of pain. It's hard for me to watch her in pain because she has a high tolerance for pain. I am so thankful for her and love her so much. We are blessed to be best friends. It sucks that I am goofy because she laughs at my dorky remarks which than cause more pain.
I love each and everyone that has prayed, contacted us, wrote comments of encouraging love, and have been supporting us through this with your lives being influenced by Jesus. Keep praying and while your there with the FATHER, "Stay a while and enjoy His love."


No comments:
Post a Comment